Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Baking again...

I was out for a drink on Saturday night when a friend of the cousin of Lorenzo asked me to make a cake for his birthday on the following Monday...
Sure I said, what sort of cake and how big?
Well I work at a summer camp in Chiantishire, so something that kids will like, something fluffy and chocolaty... There are around 80 kids, so fairly big...
This Monday?
Yeah, this Monday.
Errrrr... ok....

So Sunday was spent in Lorenzo's mothers kitchen (because I don't have an oven!), with 70 Euro worth of cake making ingredients (including 3.5kg of chocolate) baking my little heart out. Monday morning I was back in the kitchen finishing everything off and at 11am we were off to Chianti Country Club to face the kids. Apart from the fact one of these 6 year old children pointed out that the cookie on top looked like a nipple (only in Italy!!), the cakes were a success and we got to spend the rest of the day beside the pool at the country club.





After the pool we made our way back to Florence just in time to go (back into Chiantishire) for a wine tasting dinner... Followed by dancing into the wee hours with a view over the whole of Florence. I know, hard life! (Paid for it the next day though, when I had to start school at 8.30am!)

I have to admit it felt good to be back in the kitchen creating some sugary goodness! The oven is being fixed at home as I type, so maybe I will be doing it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment