Thursday, February 24, 2011

Carnival

From Milan it was time to head back to my sisters house in Lorrach, Germany to 'sort out a visa'... if I'm completely honest, I really just wanted to see my sister and relish in a few comforts from home. I'm one of those people that can get 100 things done at once if I need to... but if there isn't anything that HAS to be done, I often find it hard to get the motivation to do anything at all. After traveling for almost 3 months now, I have noticed that I am losing motivation to get out and do things, whether it be site seeing, walking, writing this blog, taking photos etc etc etc. I need to re-discover my travel mojo. So by going back to my sisters place I was able to take time out from feeling like I should be doing something travel related all the time... I finally had a kitchen of my own (which is where I happily spent most of my time), family around me and no obligation to do anything at all... Oh except for that damned visa, but I'll tell you about that later.







In Europe at this time of year, it's Carnival time. This is an amazing array of costumes, masks, music, parades food, beer and above all; Confetti. It's so much fun! We stumbled upon an extra, early parade in Lorrach this year because they're celebrating their 75th year of Carnival, which gave me a taste of the festivities to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment