Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's hard to believe, but my 6 week return to Australia has come to an end. I didn't catch up with nearly as many people as I had hoped or earn any of the money I should have... but alas, the time has come (and gone) to say goodbye again.

For the last 2 weeks that I was in Australia, I got to play tour guide for my Italian friend Lorenzo, who flew over from Dubai to visit.

Being his first trip to Australia, Lorenzo naturally wanted to see as much of Australia as possible in the short 2 weeks that he was there, so we based ourselves at my unit in Brisbane and did a few short trips around the east coast...
We spent 3 very rainy days on Moreton Island watching movies, eating average, extremely overpriced food at the resort and complaining about the lack of sunshine in the supposed sunshine state.
Followed by two beautiful days in Sydney, seeing the sights and enjoying the food and sunshine.
A night in Tea Gardens (a holiday town north of New Castle) to visit a good friend of mine and her family and enjoy the pristine beaches there, and finally a quick trip to Toowoomba to visit my parents and fill my “home cooked meal” quota before I left.





 

  

We saw parrots and cockatoos, possums and kookaburras, dolphins, red back spiders, native bogans and after much searching, even (live) kangaroos. Unfortunately the evasive Koala is still on the list, along with the dingo and platypus, but we had to leave something for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment