Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh Brisbane. Where have you been all my life?!

So, being back in Brisbane is kind of like... I never left. Except for the fact I can fully appreciate Brisbane's beauty now. There is very little pollution, it's so green (because of all the rain), it's warm, I know where I'm going, I keep running into people I know... I guess it's just... Home!






So to keep with the couch surfing theme, I've changed my couch status from "travelling" to "available" and since then have had around 4 or 5 couch requests per day! Crazy stuff!
At the moment I have a couple of "schatzi's" staying with me from Munich who are currently 10 months into their year long road trip around Australia. They're great house mates and they've definitely seen more of Australia than I have! They've introduced me to some amazing German delicacies like Potato soup and Leberkaes, and in turn I've taken it upon myself to give them some real Australian treats like Lamingtons and Pavlova!









All in all, it's nice to be home (if only for a few weeks) and plus, my Italian working holiday visa was approved today... HOORAHHHHH! Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what wonderful news!!!
    Yeepeee!

    Do you have a specific place where you want to go to in Italy?

    Congratulations!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete