Friday, July 8, 2011

Permesso to stay

Just a quick update to let you know that FINALLY, after 4 trips to the Questura and around 10 hours of waiting in queues, I have my permesso di soggiorno (in other words, I have a permit to live in Florence until the end of February!) Hooray! Unfortunately I'm still getting the run around from all different offices who know nothing about working with my visa. Some say it's not possible to work at all (which would be strange considering it's a WORKING holiday visa...) some say only part time work is possible and others simply don't know. When I finally do know however, I should be able to start working (for free as a stagiare for now) at a really nice hotel here in Florence, working in their patisserie section. Until then, I'm off to work at the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment