Saturday, September 1, 2012

La Casetta

Buongiorno a tutti! Good to see nothing has changed in relation to me and my slackness in writing posts. Same discourse as last year though... Nothing is really happening that is blog worthy, I don't want to put you to sleep!
I haven't blogged about the work on our little appartment yet because I was waiting for it to be finished... But alas I have decided that considering I have one thing going on at the moment, I might as well milk it for all it's worth!
These are the photos I took in the early days of the renovations, unfortunately I don't have any photos from before we started.


In this first photo you can see the remaining proof of the wall the wall that was demolished (originally dividing the office and workshop from the lounge room) to create space for our kitchen.

 

On the back wall, the smaller of the two doors is a new hole, and will become the door to our bathroom - the foundations above that door are too important to hack into so that's as high as the door can be... no extra tall people allowed!! At the moment, the other, normal sized door leads to Lorenzo's parents part of the house, which will soon be closed in with a 90kg sheet of iron (bolted to the wall on the parents side), insulation and a set of shelves (because of building rules and regulations the house can't officially be separated, so in theory the house can be reunited if necessary)


 This room will eventually become the kitchen and lounge room, with the door on the side wall being our front door. It's a bit hard to tell yet, but I think it's going to be really cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment