Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Caccia

Updates...
As usual I don't have a great excuse for not posting for the last... month... but I will try and excuse myself as best I can....
Partially I haven't been doing much out of the ordinary lately, and therefore I don't have many photos- a post without photos is like no post at all!
Secondly, the weekend I did actually do something, the card for my camera decided to die and I lost all the photos...
And then I'm just going to throw in that I haven't had a whole lot of motivation to post... sorry.
So here is an update of the last month (breif and without photos, because I lost them).
After 3 months, my stage at Hotel Brunelleschi has come to an end. They have offered me a contract as pastry chef for next year starting April if I am so inclined, however at this stage it looks like visas may dictate this one rather than what I actually would like to do as it is not an easy process to hold a working visa.
The weather is getting alot colder. i was a little disappointed that there wasn't so much of an inbetween time, we seemed to go from hot hot days then a week of hot days with cold nights and then straight to cold. Now it's raining. Better get used to that though I spose because it's going to get alot colder!
With the changing of the seasons comes the changing of style of living here, all the outdoor dining is now moved inside, outdoorsy bars are closing and nightclubs are opening, the river is rising and hunting season is open.
This weekend with Lorenzo his Dad and his dog we went hunting. We were up at 6.30am to driving an hour out of Florence into the hills. We then walked up hill for about half an hour through the woods in order to reach their hunting... "hut" (which is more like the tree house every kids dreams about) where we spent the next few hours... without seeing a single bird (a part from the ones they set up).




 
In my opinion, this Caccia (hunting in Italian) is an excuse for boys to be boys. Hiking through beautiful woods, sitting in your tree house and holding a gun, then when you get hungry, lighting a fire, cooking and eating with your hands (then wiping your hands on your pants without complaint from anyone... because you're hunting). If you ask me... there are no birds.








1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you were allowed out with the boys, what an honour. Great photos, beautiful place. Even the pigeon is ducking when you shoot-smart bird. Have you got a bruised shoulder?

    ReplyDelete